Friday, November 12, 2010

The beautiful threesomes of Medicine....

Now lets just all get our minds out of the gutter!  I am talking about the ever popular Classic Triads website.  
It's been a busy week for me.  Everyday at work for either a shift, meeting or education and then trying to fit in my running.  Let's just say I am on day 3 of rest days.  Tomorrow isn't looking good either.  The good news is I have most of next week off and there is going to be some running going on.  But I digress....
Two of the shifts that I worked this week I was precepting a new employee.  She is a wonderful nurse with lots of experience and just as OCD as me.  We are a perfect preceptor/preceptee couple.  At least I think so.  It gives me the opportunity to teach and I really like that.  We had a patient with a head injury and so I did some research in order to freshen up my skill, since those patients aren't that common in the SICU.  The review led me to the website about classic triads.  They are three things that if you have all three it makes a triad and is usually indicative of a very bad problem, not so bad problem, or a rule of medicine.  You can follow the link above and browse the website if you wish.  Considering my week, which included an apology letter, I came up with "Kathee's Triad of Triad's".  Three sets of three issues that could easily equalize into an apology of some kind.  I'm not going to go into the issue of the apology I made.  Suffice it to say that I completed two of the three triads and at that point, it didn't matter what I meant, it was observed negatively and I like to move on and not get into little details of misunderstandings.  It wasn't important enough to re-hash and try to "be right".  Move on and lets just get to work! 
NOW:  On to the big reveal. This is just a working copy and I would take suggestions and ideas.  


You can click on the picture to enlarge.
Yeah, it was quite the time waster, but DANG, I learned a lot.
I have to get my butt to sleep, I have a shift tomorrow that I picked up as a favor to a great and wonderful person that needed the day off for family reasons.  I'm filling up my Karma bank!!

Blog on..............

No comments:

Post a Comment