Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My sisters kids

Since my sister LeAnn died in 2003, we have had minimal contact with her kids.  Two of her kids were minors and the oldest was just not very nice.  I totally understand why they wouldn't want to hang with me, because I'm the only one that tells it like it is and doesn't let her (the oldest) take advantage of my family.  I don't understand why they wouldn't want to spend time with my parents.  My parents are so awesome.  I suspect it's mostly about money.   More then that then I am just speculating.  I do know that I walked into a couple of conversations while my sister was dying about how they were going to spend it.  My sister didn't die with much money and her inheritance of my parents money wasn't available because they are still ALIVE.  Our family trust is set up to protect assets and each kid only owns like 3% of the entire trust.  Then they spent the year or so after my sister died trying to fight the will which sucked all the money out and then they got jack.  SO, as per my previously mentioned post, I hope they enjoyed the fruits of their garage sale!
There are times that I Google the kids and see if I can see pictures or find them.  I believe they are all local.  When my nephew Zak was on a mission, he did send letters to my parents and even one to Jake, telling him to go on a mission.  Today I found this picture.

He has his dad's smile, but he looks surprisingly like my sister.  That was my initial reaction.
I wish I had a better picture of my sister.  I need to just have a scan-a-thon.


It's a complicated situation and I am never surprised when I see the things that happen when people die.  The desire for free money can be so overwhelming for some people it takes away their common sense.   I wouldn't pass it up, but working hard isn't a bad way to go either.


Blog on...........



No comments:

Post a Comment