Sunday, March 24, 2013

National Ab Month Recap

Better late then never....or is it out of sight out of mind.  

More of out of sight out of mind with a splash of guilt.  

I really do like challenges.  My favorite saying, "Challenge Accepted".  Thanks Barney Stinson.


Thinking I need this shirt.  Stat.

My ab month went OK.  I feel like I did my Ab work just about everyday and I even tried a couple of new Ab workouts.  The most disliked workout was the Victorias Secret Ab Workout.


The reverse crunch was just miserable and some of the moves seemed to have too few reps of some and too many of others.  I may have just been having a bad day but I threw the workout away.  

My favorite new workout was with the stability ball.  

I bought a ball for up in Rock Springs for my ab workouts up there and last week I bought another ball for my house.  

The challenge itself wasn't my biggest highlight but I did work hard to try and do SOMETHING every day.  A lot of traveling, stress and super busy work schedule didn't help.  But then again, doing these challenges help us get in better habits.  Lets face it, life just gets crazy!  Running and working out seems to be the thing we don't do when we get busy when in all reality it should be the first thing we do.  It doesn't have to be a huge workout, but getting some exercise during the day, even when I'm super overwelmed always helps! 

Another thing I need to work on is pictures.  I can hear ALL my friends saying in unison, WHAT???  I do take lots of pictures but I have such a hard time taking pictures of myself or more specifically my abs.  I would have liked to have seen the progress and how it helped.  I know it did, but it's hard to tell without before and after. 

The same thing with the Whole30.  I weighed and measured myself on Day 1 and will at the end, but it would have been nice to have pictures.  I guess that will be another challenge!

As far as Whole30 goes, I'm on day 24 and I've done great!  Not a cheat!  Not even really tempted.  The house doesn't even have cereal, pasta or bread in it anymore.  When I had my surgery yesterday my son was able to bring me good Whole30 food.  I had chopped up lots of veggies and made some meat the night before so there were options.  

Yesterday I threw this in the crockpot:
Nom Nom Paleo's
Beef and Tomato Stew
This is her picture off her website.

Oh yeah, it's going to be delicious.  I got the recipe from the Nom Nom Paleo recipe app.  Mine is cooking away and I can't wait to taste it.  It smells heavenly!

What's for dinner at your house?

Do you struggle with challenges?

Blog on............


No comments:

Post a Comment