Monday, May 20, 2013

Boise Famous Taters Run

Last year when I first ran with my friend Susan's sister and met her mom, I was invited to the Idaho potato run.  I couldn't do it last May, but this May I put it on the calendar and I was determined to go even if I didn't run.  What can I say, Paul and Susan are a blast to hang out with and what is wrong with a mini vaca?? 

Luckily I felt my foot was well enough to weather a 5K and so I signed up.  The 5 K started 3 hours after the half and full marathons.  Paul was running his first half marathon. 



So we headed over there to cheer him in before our race.



The weather was amazing! 

This guy even stopped by during his obviously serious fishing expedition.  Either that or he confused fishing with racing?

Ain't nothin but a thing.

Slaughtered my PR.  He's always been a much faster runner then I am.  This was his first and in his words, "It wasn't that hard".

The secret is out.  Once your in the zone over 3 miles, 13 isn't too hard.  Although it's a lot harder for me then it is for him.  Not a sip of water or an energy....shithead.

Then it was the girls turn.  You would think that we planned our ensemble's. We didn't at all but we all wore pink tops (well, mine was more salmon), black bottoms and shoes with pink on them.  That is some great taste in running outfits. 

Paul has some pics of Suze and I running in, so I'll post those later. 

I did catch Lesa.  She has just started the addiction called running and did AWESOME!

I love it when races have the computers so you can tell what's up after you finish.  I thought I did excellent for my first race back.  The first of the race was a cluster of what feels like a million people trying to squeeze through a 2 foot space.  I kept my HR between 158-160 and was able to just run at a relaxing pace no problem. 

I wish it would have quenched my thirst for running, but it only made it worse.  I'm off my foot for a few days to see how it does, but it is a little sore.


After racing, Susan and Lesa have Mimosa's to celebrate!  BOOM!  It's a win win situation and they were delicious.  We all showered, I napped and then we hit the big town of Boise.  If you are ever in Boise, go to Rick's Press Box. 
It's actually in Meridian and the guy from "Diners, Drive ins and Dives" has been there.  The food is amazing, presentation beautiful and the prices are reasonable. 

Paul and I

Is this bottle wine? water?  WHAT? 

They give you a sharpie at the end of the meal and you can sign the wall.

Lesa

Tim

Paul

Braggin

I went high.  Of course I put, BOOM!

Thanks so much to Lesa and Tim.  Next time I'll be better at pictures and have a decent pic of them both.  Tim was the best support guy, driving us around to the starts, taking pictures and holding our stuff.  They were such wonderful hosts and I feel like I could stay there for weeks!  Such a beautiful home and good food.  The cookies were crazy good and I ate like a naughty sugar garbage gut eater for 2 days.  I couldn't help it.  COOKIES!

THANK YOU Paul and Susan for hauling me up there and letting me be your 3rd/5th wheel.  It was a blast!

Looking at the race maps, I really want to do the half marathon next year.    Such a beautiful area to run and a well managed race.  The best is being able to go up with my friends and see my new friends and get first class accomodations!

Do you feel like the experience is a lot more fun then the race when your with friends?

Blog on.............






1 comment:

  1. Wow, superb blog format! How lengthy have you been running a
    blog for? you make blogging look easy. The full look
    of your website is magnificent, as well as the content material!


    Feel free to surf to my weblog :: colon cleanse

    ReplyDelete