Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ease the pain....

Before you read any farther...quickly go over to Jen's blog..Running moves me,  she is the one that introduced herself on the side of the road.  That's the way bloggers roll ya know.  There is a picture of us and everything!  That made my night and makes this post a little petty, but I'll rally and continue....

Last night I got home from Florida after way too many hours in the airplane.  I started in Ft. Lauderdale and flew to JFK (natch!) and from there flew to SLC.  Almost 7 hours on a plane!  Grrrrrr.....  Needless to say I'm not feeling my best today.  First of all, I have a cold sore, the herp, fever blister or whatever you want to call it.  I haven't had one in YEARS!  I usually have lots of sunscreen on my lips but in Florida I was constantly sweaty and wet and was not as diligent as I should have been.  

It's not so much the ugly but the pain.  It runs along my jaw and gives me a headache.  I've spent the day putting Tea Tree Oil, Swedish Bitters and Abreva on it.  Not to be out done, I'm still carrying a ton of water!  I think my skin was removed and I was wrapped in memory foam and then re-skinned.  It's just a theory.

I dragged myself to Pilates anyway and I'm glad.  The class was good and even though I still felt like a beluga whale I splurged and grabbed me a breve from Coffee Garden and it really did ease the pain. 


I didn't spill it or anything!


I also elevated my cankles and iced my heel (which feels pretty darn good).
My socks are dingy. Fact.
It's difficult to see the swelling but these legs don't even look like mine, but they are!

Also decided a couple of NUUN and lots of water would help.

Yep, my Christmas is still up.  My tree is fake so I have no pressure to take it down.  I figure with as little time I get at home I'll take it down around March.  Well, at least by next weekend.  

I will have a Ragnar Recap!  I had a wonderful time and a great team!  It was quite an experience to travel so far and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Does anyone else get swollen and uncomfortable after a race?

What about after travel?

Blog on.....................

3 comments:

  1. After 100 miles, you'd better believe I'm swollen and uncomfortable. Bloated gut too. TMI ~

    My tree is fake and still up too. I love it. It makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so bloated too! Beluga Whale about covers it! The heat makes it worse and my fingers and toes turn into sausages. Not pretty.

    We got our tree down just in time for the Boy Scouts to pick it up, whew! It was close, but we made it.

    Glad your foot isn't giving you too much trouble after your race, I was wondering how that was going.

    I get cold sores too. They suck! I take Valtex so they go away fast! I'm part of Tough Chik and they are putting together a 2014 team for Ragnar in the Keys. I can't wait! Any chance to get away from the cold sounds awesome to me, I'm freezing!

    ReplyDelete

  3. wahoo you did it! Looking forward to hearing more. I thought I was the only one with my Christmas tree still up. I love having the lights on in the evening and am having a hard time even wanting to take it down. Sigh......

    ReplyDelete