Monday, March 4, 2013

Whole30 Day 4

Today is "Kill all the things" day in the Whole30 plan.  Luckily I basically have eaten Paleo all the time and I'm not having the big emotional and physical swings like happened when I first cut carbs out of my diet in 2011.  

I just want to snack.  Snack, snack, snack!  I'm doing pretty good and have not ventured away from the plan, just probably ate more of certain food items that should be limited.  I try every day to lower those a bit.  I do have quite a craving for sugar and I know that I'll get over that.  I've done it before I can do it again!  

Pretty close. 
It's the addiction talking, the sugar addiction!

I've had a few people ask me about it once I started posting delicious pictures on Instagram.  I haven't taken a picture of ALL my meals.  Let's face it, that would take way too much effort.  Besides being prepared with the correct food, I am able to just wing it!

 I love cucumbers, olives and peppers.  I just threw on some precooked chicken (I made a huge bunch day one) with some of the best sauce ever!  It's called Sunshine Sauce and you can find it here.  It's also included in the cookbook that have recommended.
Over and over again.



Tonight I took that chicken from that same batch and cooked some peppers and onions, threw in the chicken and spiced it up mexi style and served it with an entire avocado.

Easy and Fast!  Just the way I like it! 

Last night I simmered chili for TWO hours.  It smelled so good and it was worth the wait.  So absolutely delicious.  I served it over spaghetti squash.  I love to have my meals all mixed together, that way I can get a little taste of everything in every bite!
(recipe also in Well Fed)


Overall I feel good.  I've had lots of things going on in my life this last week and instead of stress eating I feel better taking a pro-active approach.  I scheduled my Tenex procedure for March 22.  I'm nervous about sitting around for a couple of weeks and wearing a boot for 2-3 weeks.  OK, like every injury just the thought of not being able to exercise plunges me into a deep sadness that has me screaming "I'm gonna be fat!".  At least I'm eating right and staying full without a big chocolate month long binge. 

So far so good!

One of my favorite sayings:

Your body can only give back what you give it.  

Blog on................

No comments:

Post a Comment