Sunday, May 31, 2009

My sweet new ride

I have told Matt for a year or so now that I wanted a beach bike. I thought it would be fun to tool around the neighborhood, nothing serious, just something to get some practice on since I haven't been on a bike since high school. I looked around and they were expensive and Matt wondered if I would ever really use it.

A couple of weeks ago our neighbors up the street had a "Fabulous" garage sale. Matt offered them 50.00 for the bike and they didn't want to take it. Around 6pm, they showed up with the bike and sold it to us for the bargain price of 50 bucks!! Matt cleaned it, filled up the tires and we headed to REI to buy me a helmet.


Notice the little airplanes on it!!!! So appropriate for my new family!


Here it is!! My Manhattan Flyer II with my nutcase matching helmet!! I LOVE it!! It is only one speed (I don't need no freakin gears!!!) and I love casually riding it around. It is definitely a fun starter bike and it gives me some exercise while my damn foot heals. I will be getting a new light and a basket soon!

So..if you see me riding around the neighborhood in my black beach bike, please don't hit me, but if you do, make sure I go to the U. I have hookups there. hehehehe


Blog on.....this is blog number 100!!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

3 comments:

  1. Dude, that bike is so freaking sweet! And the helmet, that is off the hook! Mima is ridin' in style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You will look fabulous cruising around the neighborhood on it. I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beach Bike Hottie! Lets go on a ride soon!

    ReplyDelete