Saturday, September 8, 2012

Friendly skies

I love this picture. Taking off from the Salt Lake Airport has so many moods.  Today it was the sun peeking out from the clouds after a rain storm.  

I wish I knew how to make pictures more awesome on my blog.  These 4 pics are not changed, instagramed or touched up.   

Later, after we passed the mountains and leveled off at our flying altitude (usually around 20,000 feet) it was beautiful blue skies and billowy clouds.

My medic likes to sit up with the pilot.  You know what they say, if the medic is happy we are all happy.  Well, OK, they say it about the nurses.  That means I had the back to myself and I'm always good for a quick nap.  We obviously don't have a patient because that wouldn't be appropriate, safe or even smart.  

Parking ole Clifford next to the hangar.  He is newly painted and very red.  It's not a bad office though.  I have to say, I love my job. 

All of our gear shoved into the back of my medic Paul's truck.  Our work truck has been getting fixed and because of all the insurance and legal shizznatch the medical crew have to drive their cars and the pilots theirs.  We actually work for different companies and that is what we were told to do.  I don't ask, I just do.  It was raining so we had to get it all into his little back seat.  

Nothing much about running today.  These pictures are from yesterday.  I didn't actually do a patient transport but our plane is down is SLC and so we had to fly there and our pilot and plane took the OB (obstetrics) team to get a patient.  Paul and I sat in the hangar.   I napped, watched a movie or two and argued with Paul over who would get up to get the remote.  Not too glamorous, but we had to be there in case the other plane came back into service or we had a call right after our plane landed.  It's all logistics and gets complicated.  I do love my job but I haven't had a patient flight in 3 weeks worth of shifts.  Even with our plane being the only plane in service, I still didn't get a flight.  I love interacting with patients and family and miss it a lot.  It's normal to have slow times and I am grateful that I have an awesome job, can support my family, provide health insurance and have time to do stuff I love.

Grateful Friday??  Wait - its Saturday.  I am loosing my mind.  

After my last run I was worried about my foot and it's been doing GREAT!!  YEAH!  The new shoes feel awesome and the pain is not nearly as bad as it has been.  I know I trashed my foot during the half marathon. I am going to have to be very careful during the Ragnar so I can finish all 3 of my legs.  I run 6.6, 8.3 and then 7.8 for a total of 22.7 miles.  It's going to be a challenge but it's much easier to do it in increments then all at once.  My first Ragnar was 17 miles and I had a bum knee and had never run past 9.  I'm getting pretty excited, we leave next Thursday.

Off to do a long run today.  Just an easy 10 around the great city of Rock Springs.  I'll be here until Tuesday morning working 2 weeks worth of shifts and even an overtime!  

Blog on...........

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting post, love reading more about your job! And what a cute red "office" :)