Thursday, March 28, 2013

Followup

Yesterday I went to the Podiatrist to get my post op visit.  

Podiatrist
It's the only picture I have of him.  I'm sure he'd be thrilled.

Sitting without my boot waiting to have the dressings taken off.  


After they take off the dressing they wash your foot.  Easter theme - I like it.

Then I paused to take pics.


If you look closely on the right lower pic you can see the ONE stitch that I had.  He took it out and steri striped it.  

So far so good!  I'm following his instructions to the T.  I will wear the boot constantly for another week and on next Friday (two weeks post op) I can take off my boot for one hour one day, the next day 1 1/2 hours and so on.  While I have the boot off I need to have a good stable shoe (Already have them with NEW inserts) and take it easy.  I will go see him again after I've been integrating walking for one week.  I'm thrilled so far and he stated that he found a lot of scar tissue right where some of my worst pain was and was able to remove a lot of it. 

I know your dying to ask.  How do I sleep with the boot?  I switch to my old PF boot that I can't even walk on but the positions my foot perfectly.  It's clean and helps with the ick factor.  Sleeping with a boot on is less the comfortable but I'm willing to give it a shot for a while!

Modern Medicine.....amazing!  I'll know how well it worked in the next two months but not having pain every day is a start!

Blog on..............


No comments:

Post a Comment