Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Update, however small.

It's not so much that I haven't thought about writing a post but I'm totally at a loss for anything to write about this week.  Coming off surgery and a Whole30 month, this month seems a little dry and boring.  I think I'm OK with that.  I had a couple of small highlights. 

Started transitioning out of the boot to my new Saucony's.  I started on Friday with an hour and have added a half hour every day since.  I have had no pain while in shoes, but definitely feel the weakness.  My ankle feels loosey goosey and I walk like a drunk for a little bit.  I am happy about it so far and I'm already starting a running plan for when I get the thumbs up.  I'm going to start out SLOW....


Remember a couple of months ago when I painted my room?  Well, I finally found the bedding that I wanted and the bed skirt!  Yeah. I have the curtains for the wall behind my bed but they haven't made it up.  It is a far cry from the air mattress I was sleeping on in January.

I have made some delicious meals that happen to be Whole30 compliant. 

Eggs, chicken, bacon, cucumber and strawberries.

I found this recipe on Pinterest.

My presentation isn't the same, but the eggs were over medium and perfect. 
I made it up in Rock Springs during my off duty time and it was so amazing! 
Whole30 compliant too.

So, how has my diet been since coming off Whole30?

Better then ever!  The "reset" that it provided has helped me with snacking and eating things that I know my body hates.  My biggest food miss was my sugar free creamer in my coffee in the morning.  I drink one cup a day and I use about a tablespoon of creamer.  I did go out to dinner a couple of times and made the best choices I could without stressing out too much.   I'm not reintroducing grains, beans or even very much dairy.  That is out for good.  Plus, when you spend a month slicing, dicing and chopping veggies then you get in a great habit and I find I am craving the freshness.

All the reading and looking up running plans has got me super motivated and excited!  

What motivates you?

Blog on.............


No comments:

Post a Comment